Whether you operate a small business or a part of a large organization, there might be a time when you need a trailer to transport items. Even some businesses are based on trailers, for instance a takeaway food outlet, a car-washing service or a mobile fridge or restroom. There comes a time when you wonder that you should actually own a trailer of your own or continue hiring a trailer.
Let’s take a look at some points that might be helpful for you to decide whether to buy or hire a trailer:
- The cost of purchasing Melbourne trailers is always higher as compared to the renting cost. Owning a trailer comes with many additional costs and if you have taken out a loan there would be Interest too. Don’t forget to add the maintenance cost and periodically servicing costs too. Even if you hire a trailer for a longer duration, it would be much cheaper than owning one.
- Hiring trailer is an ideal option to limit your responsibilities. If ever there’s any breakdown in the trailer, it’s the rental company who gets is repaired and serviced. The accountability of its general maintenance also falls under rental company while if you own one, these additional costs goes straight away from your pocket.
- One of the biggest advantages of buying a trailer is that you can get it customized as per your needs and specifications. As the trailers available for hiring might not be adequate to your needs, it’s always advisable to purchase the trailer. However, it is always advisable to hire a trailer before you own one as it will give you an idea of the specifications and features you need.
- Owning a trailer limit you to use the one and only trailer for all your requirements while hiring trailers comes with a wide range of trailers available to choose from. Whether you want to move a small or big load or for some any other work, you’ll always have some good trailers available in excellent working conditions.
- The other major advantage of owning a trailer is the availability. Unlike trailer rental companies, your trailers are available to you whenever you need it and you don’t have to carry forward the long tiring process of booking the trailers. Also, sometimes the trailers you’re looking for might not be available with the rental companies, but owning your own trailer saves you from all these worries.
- Hiring a trailer from the renting company will inevitably advertise the hiring company while owning your own trailer, you can advertise your business for free and as an end result, it not only saves your advertisement cost but also increases the sales of your business.
- There might be situations when your trailer might face a breakdown. Many rental companies provide roadside service and maintenance too, thus if something wrong happens, it will be taken care of. While if you own a trailer, you’ll need to get is repaired by your own and even you might need to hire a trailer till yours gets back on the road.
Next time when you face a dilemma of buying or hiring a trailer, ask yourself, your requirements and how often would you need it?